2018 Global Threat Intelligence Report
Analysis for the 2018 Global Threat Intelligence Report (GTIR) includes real data from our 10 global security operations centers and seven research and development centers and real data from our continuous threat monitoring.
This year’s report summarizes activity we detected in over 6.1 trillion+ logs and more than 150 million+ attacks, along with vulnerability scans, incident response engagements, and diverse findings from threat research and threat intelligence teams across NTT Security.
Notable threats, incidents and trends we observed during 2017 include:
- A 350 percent increase in ransomware
- A 46 percent drop on attack volume for finance in APAC
- A global increase of 25 percent in attacks against technology companies
- Business and professional services appearing as a new entry to the ‘top five most attacked’ list
- The finance sector returning to be the most attacked sector globally
The GTIR also provides insights about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Internet of Things (IoT), Operational Technology (OT), and the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics in Tokyo, Japan.
We hope this report’s enhanced focus on industry sectors will help you evolve both your security strategies and your daily security practices, and mitigate the attacks your organization is experiencing globally.
Fill in the form on this page to receive a copy of the 2018 Global Threat Intelligence Report.